senseFly, the leading provider of fixed-wing drone solutions, and MicaSense, a leading producer of drone sensors for agriculture, announced a new dual solution for efficient, in-depth crop analysis—the senseFly eBee X with MicaSense RedEdge-MX.
“We know from agricultural customers such as agronomists, crop consultants and researchers that deep, high-resolution crop data is key to effective analysis and decision making,” said Gilles Labossière, CEO of senseFly. “In parallel, when assessing large field areas, or simply looking to map smaller fields or plots quickly, small, slower quadcopter drones often don’t cut it. The eBee X with RedEdge-MX checks both these data and efficiency boxes, making it an ideal crop analysis solution.”
“This seamless, integrated professional drone offering represents an obvious upgrade path for many agricultural professionals. Customers who already use MicaSense’s RedEdge-MX, for example, now have a quicker, more efficient way to analyse the health of their crops, without having to
compromise on data quality,” said Eric Waters, General Manager of MicaSense. “At the same time, existing eBee X operators can access the deeper, higher resolution insights that the RedEdge-MX brings.”
The RedEdge-MX is a rugged, built-to-last professional multispectral sensor. Capturing red, green, blue, near-infrared, and red-edge spectral bands, data from this sensor can be used to generate true color composites, basic crop health indexes, and advanced analytical tools like flower identification and weed detection. This, in combination with its durable design, makes RedEdge-MX a multispectral powerhouse.
Key benefits include:
- The ability to capture plant health images & RGB (composite) images in one flight
- A fast capture rate, which suits faster fixed-wing flight speeds
- Global shutter on all five lenses for distortion-free images
- High-resolution imagery; 8 cm (3.1 in) / pixel GSD at 120 m (400 ft) flight height
- An aluminium body for better durability and performance in the heat
- Full access to raw data; generate outputs using a wide variety of processing & analysis platforms